Sunday, January 31, 2010

Learning from The Duke


"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

When you are in the process of changing your habits, moving to something new, changing your comfort zone, guidance is essential. After all, if you had it all figured out, you probably wouldn't be reading this! Today's guidance is from John Wayne. Actor, soldier, father and political activist, John wore many hats. Some of them made him a hero, some made him the target of ridicule. Either way, he was a guy who put himself out there for all to see. I respect that.

For me, this quote means that 'tomorrow' is the day to start again. While I am in process, about to start week 4 of a 12-week push, I need the start of a new week to be that renewal, that day to be 'very clean.' I tried some new things this week in my eating and fitness plan. I even wavered a bit, and drank a couple glasses of wine. 'At Midnight', all is forgiven and my strong-start day begins.

To ensure my strong-start tomorrow, I will do some planning:
1. Grocery Shopping: I will make sure I have all that I need so I don't think of eating something other than what I should. Fill your space with good choices, so the bad choices are all crowded out.
2. Plan My Fitness: Set a goal for the week, and especially know exactly what I am going to do tomorrow. Book it in my calendar.
3. Get Some Sleep: Go to bed at a reasonable time, so I reduce my stress levels for the strong-start day.

Tomorrow is weigh-in and measurements. Fingers Crossed. I hope everyone has a strong start of the week!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan, I'm about to grocery shopping today, it just makes the week so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that each day has it's own clean slate!! Good luck on this week's plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for the support, Missa. I really appreciate it! I see you're doing awesome as well. -10.1 lbs in three weeks is fantastic! Keep up the great work and we'll both be at our goals in no time!!

    ReplyDelete