Sunday, January 24, 2010

Now We're Sweating

It is so hard for me to break a sweat. I can feel my body resisting it, and it is not uncommon for me not to sweat until my workout is almost complete. In the meantime, I am a furnace. I feel like I am cooking. So, to try to break this cycle, I have started to go into the sauna for about 5 minutes to try to open the floodgates. I have not been a sauna person in the past, mostly because the idea of being in a sweat box with a bunch of strangers is not all that appealing. However, I think I like it. I am definitely sweating more, which is a good thing.

I tripled the physical activity that I did last week. BIG WIN.. RAH!
I count physical activity calories (PA), using a chart that HMR gave me. Essentially, it factors in my current weight, the intensity of the workout, and the time. So, since I walk, it is considered medium intensity. For my weight, I get 9 PA for every minute of medium activity. For high intensity, I get 16 PA per minute. The goal is to get at least 2000 PA's a week.

If you would like to use the calculation, go the walk o meter link to check it out. It highlights walking, but if you click the button that says 'Calories for Any Activity' it will break down other fitness intensities too. I like it. It is a nice tool to confirm with yourself that you are moving.

I would like to begin to add some weight training to my activity, so that will be my goal as I move into week three. Week 2 weigh-in tomorrow! Fingers Crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog. I love to find new blogs to read. I see you are down over 6 pounds already, thats fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missa! Best of luck tomorrow on your weigh-in! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well! I know you'll do well!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I can loan you a sweat gland or two. Today at the gym I seem to have a puddle following me!!! YUCK.

    Good luck with you weigh in :)

    ReplyDelete