Friday, January 15, 2010

Team Coaching, Go Team Missa!

Wednesday night was the night that I started my first of many more bi-weekly check-in calls. Yup, that is right, I have to check in about every 3 days, and I have to talk about it. This is so out of my comfort zone. I don't like talking about how much a weigh, and certainly not with other people in the room.

Now that I have said that, it wasn't too bad. I didn't feel ultra inspired by the call, but instead appreciated the academic approach to it. Everyone says whether they did what they were supposed to do, they say what helped them keep on track. We didn't talk about why people didn't do what they said they would do. There were no excuses or crying about it.

The health educator (HE) is really direct. She gives you concrete facts that your program is going to work. I appreciate that. So, consume less, weigh less. Bonus. So, here are the things that I need to do:
1. Write down what I eat. They make it easy because they gave me weekly progress charts.
2. Eat foods only on the program. This means eat the minimum, 3 + 2+ 5, and if I am still hungry, more shakes, meals or fruits and veggies.
3. Move.
4. Check in.

So, I haven't done as much on the move front. It is the first week, so I am not trying to stress it too much. I asked the HE about it. She said that it makes sense not to rip the rug out from under yourself all at once. I have decided to find workout buddies. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment