Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Day Down, 89 To Go!

Yesterday was OK. I didn't feel like I was starving myself. I brought my lunch to work without any major event, and no one noticed I was 'dieting'. I am not one to be embarrassed by being on a diet, but I really don't enjoy it when people treat you like you are in a magic bubble of some kind. I suppose that being overweight puts you in the bubble automatically, as someone who is different than everyone else.

So, what am I eating? Well, I am doing the HMR meal replacement system. It requires me to eat 3 meal replacements (shakes, oatmeal, pudding, soup), 2 prepackaged meals, and 5 servings of fruit and veg. It basically adds up to about 1200 or less calories per day. I like it because it takes the choice out of my day. I am not particularly good at making choices when it comes to food... probably why I am where I am right now.

Here is what I ate:
Morning: Oatmeal 210
Lunch: Lasagna with meat sauce and steamed string beans 60 + 250
Chocolate Shake 110
Dinner: Pot Roast and steamed fresh corn. 120 + 210
Dessert: Chocolate Shake with frozen cherries 90+ 120
48 oz of water drank. ( I have to work on this. Once the water is in front of me, I will usually drink it).
Total calories for the day: 1170

Today, I will begin to get more active. Let you know how it goes! I bet these first 90 days are going to go like a flash.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! And it's so true that other people WILL judge. Sad, but true. When I first was eating well and focusing on fitness, I was inspired to create my blog button "My life does not make YOUR butt look big." LOL!

    ReplyDelete