Monday, June 7, 2010

The Reckoning and New Trainers



Today was the Reckoning.  Did Missa gain 60 lbs while on vacation?  Did she plump like a blueberry?
NOOOO!  She didn't!  Actually, I feel really good, relaxed and healthy.  I did have a minor gain .4 lbs, but I am PMS'ing, so I really think it is a wash.  Most importantly, I feel great that I was able to enjoy myself and not over-indulge all by myself.  I didn't bring a scrap of HMR food with me.  I just used my mind to make good choices. I can't tell you what a win that is.  I have been on vacations before where a 15lb gain was par for the course.

In celebration, I am going to post a picture of me and my Sweetheart.  (OK girls, don't swoon.)  He said it was OK to reveal his true self on this blog, and well, him in his hat (which he adores) and tie-dyed bathing trunks is as close to his true self in a photo as you can get!  He would like to point out that the cap is a Trilby and not a Fedora. (this might give you further insight).  Oh, and I am comfortable in a bathing suit! Win! (Where the hell did that come from?)  I got it at Target (pronounced Tar-gzhay).  It comes with straps and looks great with or without them.


So now for something completely different:  Trainers.  Also known as sneakers, athletic shoes, etc.  I need a pair and now that I run, I need to have a really good pair.  At the moment, my Adidas are doing me justice, but they are getting a bit thin at the treads.  So, I am going to go to a store today called RoadRunner Sports.  Here, they can test your arch and make a real recommendation on what I should be using.  Any suggestions on brands or this footwear procurement experience is totally appreciated.

To this end, I also decided to change something else on my dailymile account.  When I started, I classified myself as a Walker.  Well, now, I do more fitness training and running.  So, my new title:  ATHLETE.  With this comes a new goal:  to kick ass.  Seriously.  I want to be fit not to be thin, but to do things that others can't.  I am tired of being limited.  I want to make some noise.

I hope this Monday is the start of a strong week. Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. So happy that you had a successful trip inside and out.smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the vacation Missa! It is awesome to come home and feel victorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! You are doing GREAT! You look fabulous as does your man. :)

    And thanks, as always, for your sweet,supportive, and insightful comments on my blog. You DO kick ass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make noise girl!!! Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to think of myself as an athlete too! Great goal, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A kicking-ass athlete sounds good to me! I love your attitude. ka-BOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spread the news: she's an athlete!

    Great job on vacation! Cute suit and guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go GIRL! Yes an athlete! A Bathing Suit Bombshell that has the attitude! YES! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your honey are adorable! And that bathing suit looks gorgeous on you, dah-ling! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete