Monday, July 5, 2010
I ran 4 miles
I just landed the afternoon before (22 hours in flight), which makes you dehydrated and sleep deprived. However, since I woke up at 4 am, a 9:30 run didn't seem so bad... or at least not at the moment. Here are the wins:
1. I ran consistently. I did not stop or walk. I ran slowly, but I ran 14 minute miles for each mile.
2. I ran within a good target heart rate. I ran between 160-168 bpm. This is a good place for me.
3. I kept cool. It was hot. I watched people overdo it, not finish, and I wasn't one of them.
Here are the bads:
1. I was almost the last to finish. Just completing was my goal, but I certainly didn't want to be last. I think I finished ahead of about 10 people out of about 1000. I felt really self-conscious. I am really tired of being the fat chick that people stare at. (or at least feeling like the one being stared at).
2. Afterward, I felt OK. I didn't eat much before the race. So, I ate a banana and drank some water. Seemed harmless right?
3. I drove home. I felt a strange pain in my tummy. So, I drove really fast. Move immediately to the commode. Super barf, followed by 5 hour nap. So much for the 4th.
I know I am not the first person to puke after a run, but I wonder what ultimately did me in. Was it the banana? Did I drink not enough/too much water? Did I push myself too far? I may never know.
So, this week's goal is to get back on schedule and back on my routine. Yay being home! Yay running 4 miles.