Ya know... the costs of losing this weight are getting up there!
I spend $50 per month on my weekly weigh-in call on HMR
I spend $148 on my meals from HMR bi-weekly, equalling $296 per month.
Plus, I buy fruit, veggies, bottled water, and a million spices and salsas which makes my monthly grocery bill about $175 per month.
I have a gym membership at $60.00 month.
I have personal training at $455.00 per month.
So, that puts my monthly total at: $1036. Wowza~!
But let's qualify this. Article to chew on:
1. An obese person is 93% less likely to be hired for a position over a healthy person.
2. Life insurance is 2 to 4 times more expensive for someone who is obese.
3. Your net worth decreases by $1,000 for every point your BMI increases.
How about these reasons:
1. The average monthly prescriptions for a Diabetic in the US is $252, plus Annual pump costs of up to $3,000 per year out of pocket. We aren't even talking doctor/hospital visits, let alone costs of complications.
2. One Cardiac patient in the US spends $12,000 out of pocket annually.
3. The average Cancer patient in the US spends $7,489 annually out of pocket.
I don't know about you, but I would much rather spend money on living better than just trying to cope. I have the trifecta in my family genes (Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cancer) and I am going to fight fight fight my way around them, for as long and as hard as I can. So, the next time you say, well, that personal trainer is expensive, or that nutrition program is costly, think about that investment in you. You are your most valuable asset. Don't forget that. You are worth every penny. Invest what you can, while you can.
I am 36 and have been overweight for most of my life. There are much better things that define me, but till I work on this weight, it is the stinky fart in the room. So, I write this to keep accountable, to find inspiration in others, to rekindle the joy in myself.